Experienced Lebanon Personal Injury Lawyers Fighting For You
Representing injured clients in Mt. Juliet, Cookeville, and across Tennessee
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in an accident because of someone’s negligence, you need the assistance and expertise of an aggressive Lebanon, TN personal injury lawyer who has the knowledge, resources, and expertise to fully represent you in court.
The attorneys of Lowery, Lowery & Cherry, PLLC handle complex personal injury matters, and fight to ensure that clients receive the maximum benefit under the law. Our attorneys have experience assessing which party or parties were at fault, investigating your claim thoroughly, gathering evidence, and hiring talented experts. Because we prepare every case for trial, our clients are typically offered larger, more just awards at the beginning of settlement negotiations. When negotiations fail, however, we have the skills, resources, and experience to protect our clients’ best interests in court.
Overview of Tennessee’s personal injury laws
If you have sustained a physical or psychological injury in an accident caused by someone else's negligence or recklessness, you may be able to file a personal injury claim. The civil justice system provides a legal remedy which allows an injured party to seek compensation from the person whose negligence caused their injury.
You are entitled to compensation if you are successful in proving the defendant breached whatever duty of care they may have owed you and caused your injuries. Tennessee law allows for a one-year time limit from the date the injury occurred or was discovered, a statute of limitations, to bring a personal injury claim. If you do not file a claim within a year, you forfeit your right to take legal action and may no longer be eligible for any compensation.
Protecting victims of serious injuries in Lebanon
A serious personal injury can cost you more than just medical expenses or time lost at work; it can cost your family everything. Our team handles all manner of injury cases, and has repeated success on behalf of clients whose injuries were truly catastrophic. You can rely on us if you or your loved one has sustained:
- Brain injuries. A traumatic brain injury (TBI) can occur in a car crash, from a slip and fall or a workplace injury. At Lowery, Lowery & Cherry, we help clients recover the compensation they need when they have suffered a life altering injury.
- Birth injuries. Whether your newborn was diagnosed with brachial plexus palsy, cephalohematoma, hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy (HIE), shoulder dystocia or any similar injury that might have been prevented it could be a result of a birth injury which is medical negligence. We will protect your right to recover compensation for your child’s unnecessary injury.
- Spinal cord injuries. Damage to the spinal cord can result in partial or complete paralysis. If you sustained a spinal cord injury because of someone else’s reckless behavior, you may be able to take legal action. We can help you obtain compensation to cover your ongoing medical needs and other losses.
- Burn injuries. Burns can cause both physical and emotional scars. If your burn injury happened because of another person’s negligence, our Lebanon burn injury lawyers can hold them accountable for your losses.
- Loss of limb. In truly catastrophic cases, an appendage or a limb can be crushed beyond repair or severed. In others, the tissues can die from lack of oxygen. In any of these cases, amputation may be necessary.
- Internal organ damage. Damage to an internal organ may not be visible at first, but if left untreated, it can be deadly. Falls from heights, car wrecks, and acts of negligence can lead to organ damage, which requires surgical intervention to repair.
Types of personal injury cases we handle
To make a claim for damage after an injury, the injured party (the plaintiff) must be able to prove negligence on behalf of another person or entity (the defendant). Generally speaking, these claims fall into one of the following categories:
- Premises liability. Whether you fell on a flight of broken stairs or suffered a violent assault because of negligent security, property owners may be held liable for your injuries while you are on their property.
- Product liability. Product defects can originate in the design, manufacturing, or marketing of a product. If your injury occurred because a product malfunctioned or was defective, you may be able to hold the manufacturer accountable for your injuries. We can help.
- Wrongful death. If you have lost a loved one in a preventable accident that was a result of someone else’s negligence, we can help make sure that you recover the compensation you deserve for your loss.
We also handle claims involving nursing home neglect and abuse. Our Lebanon attorneys can help you advocate for your loved ones.
How do I know if I have a personal injury case?
Not every accident injury will warrant a personal injury claim. If you want to pursue compensation from the responsible party, you will be required to prove his or her negligence was the direct cause of your injury, and that the injury caused you to suffer damages. For example, if you sustained a traumatic brain injury, a broken shoulder and hip, the damages would include your medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages from the time you missed at work, and the like.
If you have suffered harm from the accident; if you can prove that the at-fault party owed you a duty of care, such as one driver owes to other drivers and pedestrians, and that he or she was responsible for causing the accident which resulted in your injuries, you may have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit. To get a definitive answer given the facts of your specific case, you can consult with a skilled Lebanon personal injury attorney from Lowery, Lowery & Cherry, PLLC to learn about your legal options. Our team has a genuine understanding of your needs. We listen and give you an opportunity to be heard.
What damages are available in a personal injury claim?
If you have been successful at proving that the defendant was indeed responsible for causing your injuries, there are two categories of damages that you might expect to receive depending on the facts of your case: economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages compensate you for your losses which are quantifiable such as:
- Medical expenses for the care you have already received, and any ongoing medical care related to your accident injuries.
- Lost income for the time you missed at work recuperating from your injury and visiting the doctor. Also included would be compensation for any diminished earning capacity caused by lasting effects of the injury.
Non-economic damages are compensation for intangible losses such as:
- Pain and suffering from the accident injury
- Severe emotional distress from the trauma of the event
- Loss of consortium (for a spouse)
Accidents causing serious personal injuries can be catastrophic. It is important to know that there are available legal options to help you recover compensation for your injuries and losses.
Contact an experienced Lebanon personal injury lawyer for a consultation
If you have sustained a serious injury because of someone else’s negligence, please contact Lowery, Lowery & Cherry PLLC, or call us at 615-444-7222, to discuss your case and make sure that you obtain compensation for your injuries. A knowledgeable personal Injury lawyer is ready to discuss your case and review the options available to you. We proudly serve clients in Lebanon, Cookeville, Mt. Juliet, Nashville, and the surrounding areas.